SAVE THE DATE
May 9th – War Memorial Stadium 5:30 – 8:00 PM
Registration is now open! Join us for an evening of remembrance and celebration. We are planning a birthday party you may have never been able to experience. This year’s Poppy Party will kick off with a memory walk followed by an evening of live entertainment, games and activities for kids; and many special and thoughtful ways to connect with other grieving parents while celebrating the life of your baby/child.
New This Year –
* Upon arriving at the event, all participants will have the opportunity to personalize a “race” bib to show who you are walking in memory of. After registering and personalizing your bib, you can then begin the memory walk at your own pace. Spend as much time as you would like on the memory walk with “your village.” We want this to be a personal time for you to have the opportunity to reflect and remember.
* All families who register by April 20th will have a sign along our memory walk with their baby/ child’s name on it and a balloon attached to it. When you find your baby’s sign, feel free to untie your baby’s balloon and release into the air. Please DO NOT take your sign.
* After the memory walk, join us inside War Memorial for a remembrance celebration!
- Live Entertainment
- Kid’s zone with more bounce inflatables and hands on stations
- Food and drinks
- Sweet Treat Island
- Face Painting Stations and Balloon Creation Station
- Character Avenue
- Tiny Tot’s Zone
- Join us midway through the party for birthday cake
Make sure to like our Facebook Event Page to stay up to date on all things Poppy Party.
There are lots of ways to get involved!
*Come Grow With Us – Fundraise online as a group in memory/honor of your baby or child. Group fundraising is a way we can take our personal stories and bring them together for the greater good of Mamie’s and those who will experience loss this year. Group Fundraising will continue to further our mission and broaden our reach. Keep in mind: no matter how much you raise, whether you fund 1 plate or 100 plates, everything counts towards furthering the Mamie’s mission.
* April 20th is the deadline to register as a group fundraiser. When you register, you will have the opportunity to create a fundraising page. We want to know your “why!” Tell us why you are raising funds, what your plate means to you and why it’s important for you to provide other grieving families with a plate. Then, share your page with friends and family.
* We want to recognize all of our fundraisers! Those who fund at least one plate ($50) by the April 20th deadline will receive special recognition on the jumbotron and will have a sign made by Holy Souls’ students with their baby’s name on it. Please keep in mind the image you use for your fundraising page is the same image that will appear on the jumbotron.
* The top two fundraisers will receive their own tent to gather with friends and family at the event as well as Mamie’s merchandise and a personalized gift. They will also get to blow out the candles on our birthday cake.
*Sponsorship Opportunities – become an event sponsor – lots of special perks for our 2020 sponsors – Click Here for Sponsorship Info
*Volunteer – sign up to volunteer on the day of the event Click Here to Register as a Volunteer
*Invite friends and family to join you at the Poppy Party for a birthday celebration for your child
2020 Poppy Party Event Shirt
We’re going retro! We are taking you back to the 80’s with this year’s Poppy Party t-shirt. Shirts are an additional $15 when you register for the event. Deadline to pre-order an event shirt is April 20th.